Claudia’s Sweet Potato Fries recipe
Why settle for humdrum potato fries and run-of-the-mill tomato ketchup when you can easily give your favourite side dish an exotic makeover by swapping the potato for sweet potato and the tomato ketchup for our Top Banana Ketchup?!
This dish is super simple to prepare and makes a great snack or side dish.
- 3 sweet potatoes, sliced into 1/4-wide inch strips, washed and with the skin on for added crunch
- a good glug of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper
- To serve: Top Banana Ketchup, coriander and pomegranates.
1. Heat the oven to 200ºC.
2. Combine ingredients in a bowl and make sure the sweet potatoes are wonderfully coated.
3. Lay out on a tray and place in the oven for 35 minutes or so, until nicely crisp and golden.
4. To serve, sprinkle over coriander and pomegranates if they float your boat. And don't forget a good dollop of Top Banana ketchup for dunking. You'd be a monkey not to try it.