Let our saucy little number bring the flavour to your burger...
½ red onion
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 x 400g tin of black beans
1 garlic clove, chopped finely
¾ teaspoon chilli powder
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 brioche or wholemeal hamburger buns
75g feta or mozzarella cheese
To serve: Smoky Chipotle ketchup, homemade sweet potato fries with our Top Banana Ketchup to dip in
- Peel the onion finely into rounds and place in a mixing bowl.
- Drain the beans and pat dry with kitchen paper. Add to the mixing bowl with the garlic clove, chilli powder and breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Knead the bean mixture together with clean hands and divide into 4 balls. Flatten into patties.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, fry the burgers for 4 minutes on each side, until golden.
- Slice the cheese into rounds and place one on each burger on the pan.
- Cover the burgers with a lid to melt the cheese for 2 minutes.
- Lightly toast the bun halves.
- Place spinach leaves on the bottom bun base with the burger on top. Top with Smoky Chipotle ketchup and the bun lid.
- Serve with homemade sweet potato fries. Our recipe is here!