Dolloping some chutney on a cracker with a hunk of cheese is all well and good, but we love using our range in recipes as well, injecting a delicious depth of flavour into our favourite dishes. Our Spicy Tomato relish is a particularly versatile condiment to use in cooking and this pasta is perfect with a few spoonfuls stirred in. A delicious and simple winter warmer!
- 3 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 3 tsp dried basil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- handful of fresh basil
- 2 handfuls black pitted olives, chopped
- 1 courgette, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 500g penne
- 4 tablespoons, Rubies in the Rubble Spicy Tomato Relish
- Parmesan to serve.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the oregano, thyme, dried basil, garlic, courgette, pepper and onion. Cook until soft.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and 4 tablespoons of Spicy Tomato relish. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the olives.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the penne, according to the instructions.
- Mix the pasta and sauce together and serve with fresh basil leaves and parmesan.