Everyone loves mac and cheese, it's time to turn up the heat on a classic comfort dish with our Fiery Tomato ketchup!
350g macaroni or other tubular pasta
a tablespoon or two of Fiery Tomato ketchup
250g grated mature Cheddar cheese
3 tablespoons flour
250ml whole milk
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
50g grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Make a roux by melting the butter in a large ovenproof saucepan over a low heat, then add the flour and turn the heat up to medium, stirring all the time, until you get a paste. Turn down the heat and gradually add the milk, keep stirring. Add the cheese and mustard.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta al dente in a pot of salted boiling water for about 8 minutes or as indicated on the packet. Drain the pasta.
- Combine the pasta and roux together into an ovenproof dish, adding half a tablespoon liberally throughout, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and the grated Parmesan cheese. Bake for 40 minutes or until brown.
- Serve with finely chopped fresh parsley.