COCONUT CHICKEN GOUJONS WITH BANANA KETCHUP
( serves four)
- 60 g Cornflour
- pinch of salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper, garlic powder & oregano
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 250g desiccated coconut
- 3 - 4 skinless, chicken breasts, cut into strips or nuggets.
- Rubies In the Rubble Banana Ketchup
- Turn your oven to 200 Degrees. Line a baking tray with baking parchment and set aside.
- In a bowl mix cornflour, salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- In a second bowl, add 3 eggs and lightly beat.
- In a third bowl add coconut flakes.
- Take chicken and douse in cornflour mixture. Then dip into eggs and cover well. Then dip in coconut and set aside on a plate. Do this to all the chicken pieces.
- Get your baking tray, and line the coated chicken pieces and line them up. Lightly douse the chicken pieces in olive oil/coconut oil (so they crisp up in the oven). Bake for 15 minutes, take out of the oven and flip, and cook for a remaining 10 minutes.
- Once all chicken is cooked, serve with a squeeze of lime and a healthy dollop of banana ketchup.
Recipe by The Culinary Bee