Few things in life come close to the starchy nirvana that is a piping hot baked potato with a knob of melted butter and a mountain of cheddar cheese. And whilst we don't want to mess with a classic, this recipe takes the humble potato to new heights, topped with chilli con carne and guest starring our Fiery Ketchup. It's the ultimate recipe for a truly 'pimped' potato and the honey & lime Mexican slaw on the side brings some freshness & crunch to the table. For the herbivores among you, you can go ahead and swap out the meat for tofu, or soya mince.
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 500g mince
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 410g can red kidney beans
- 8 tbsps of Rubies in the Rubble Fiery Ketchup
- 4x Baked Potatoes
- 1/2 red cabbage shredded
- 4 carrots shredded
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs honey
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Handful of coarsely chopped coriander
- Pre-heat your oven to 200c.
- Prick your potatoes with a fork and pop in the oven. Leave for 1hr-1h20.
- Meanwhile, dice your veggies into small pieces.
- Add the oil to a pan over a medium heat and add the onion, pepper and garlic, stirring frequently.
- Brown the mince and then add to the vegetable mix. Turn the heat up and ensure the mince is all cooked.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, kidney beans and eight tablespoons of Rubies Fiery Ketchup to the meat and vegetables.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, until the mixture has reduced into a lovely beany topping for your tat.
- Meanwhile, prepare your slaw by combining the shredded cabbage and carrot into a bowl. Then mix together all the ingredients for the honey & lime vinaigrette.
- When your potatoes are ready, take out of the oven, leave to cool just enough so you can handle, open up and add butter, chilli, cheese and a dollop of crème fraîche. Top with coriander and if there's any Fiery Ketchup left in the bottle, whack it on as well!