Marketing Exec - March 2021
We are Packed with Purpose.
At Rubies, we create delicious solution to food waste and raise awareness of the impact that food waste has on the planet. In short – more taste, less waste. Our condiments don’t just taste great, they do great. It’s within the everyday activism that together, we can make change.
- Bring the Rubies Out: We see the best in things. We look for the undiscovered gems, seeing problems as opportunities. We’re caring and celebrate the big & small.
- Be Resourceful: We value all resource and strive towards a zero waste way of working. This is with materials, money and time. We want to have a huge impact in the most sustainable way.
- Dare to be different: We have to punch above our weight. Act boldly to get noticed and rustle the tailfeathers of the big boys.
Last year we certified as a B-Corp which is testament to how we value our team, our community, and the planet.
ABOUT RUBIES IN THE RUBBLE
Rubies in the Rubble is an award-winning condiments brand, dedicated to making first class products from otherwise discarded ingredients. We work within the food supply chain to uncover value from surplus and ensure nothing is wasted.
Having built a trusted brand known for quality and integrity, we’re now ready to shake up the market with our new ketchup and mayo’s. We’re now on the hunt for a talented marketing executive to join the team and help us build our online community, engage journalists, and help support sales.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We want someone brimming with fun, initiative and energy. Someone who has a few years' experience in a marketing role, is super passionate about sustainability, loves building online communities and recognises the power of a strong brand.
Your role will be really varied and no day will be the same, you should be someone who thrives when spinning many plates, in a fast based environment. You’ll be delivering:
You’ll be delivering:
Social media (online community)
- Reactively and proactively engaging with consumers across our online social media channels every day
- Owning the content calendar & day to day posting across Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Newsletters & LinkedIn
- Creating some reactive content; ensure we're always on the latest trends
- Providing monthly reporting and campaign summaries to the Head of Marketing
- Working closely with influencers, executing creative send outs to keep them engaged, and adding new ones into the pool
- Proactively engaging journalists to make sure Rubies in the Rubble is included in gift guides, condiment reviews, and sustainability pieces
- Keeping on top of all PR samples
- Managing the general enquiries inbox
- Being the first point of contact for all incoming enquiries
- Tracking customer feedback and compiling a weekly and monthly report
Events & Supporting Sales
- Assisting with the delivery of marketing events, including Casual Dining trade show.
- Managing and representing Rubies at smaller events such as FRI-YAYs
- Keeping the marketing stock inventory up to date including trade posters & POS
- Helping to organise trade sample send outs
- Helping the team to keep the office clean and tidy
- Adhoc tasks to help the team
- A PLATE SPINNER — you thrive in a fast-paced environment working on lots of projects at the same time
- A TEAM PLAYER — we’re a small team and we need someone who is willing to get stuck in
- WRITING SKILLS — you don’t need to be the next Shakespeare but you do need to be confident writing through Rubies’ tone of voice online and through email (bonus if you’re good with puns)
- CONFIDENCE — you need to be able to approach and talk with a broad range of people
- A SELF-STARTER — you need to be highly motivated with a good eye for opportunities
- TOP NOTCH ORGANISATION — you will need to be able to juggle a wide range of different tasks at the same time and keep our house in order
- CREATIVITY — we’re looking for someone who is able to come up with ideas and try them out!
You’ll join a young and dynamic start-up where you’ll truly be able to make your mark. We’ll give you the opportunity to fully get stuck in and the opportunity to step up and lead on your ideas.
DIVERSITY AT RUBIES IN THE RUBBLE
At Rubies in the Rubble we value diversity.
The first stage of applications are anonymous. Applicants must submit a task to via Microsoft Forms.
For this reason please do NOT include any information on your task submission which relates to the below policy including your name or educational achievement. The Marketing team will then assess these tasks ‘blind’ (without personal or educational details). Once successful tasks are identified we will inform successful candidates and invite them to a virtual interview.
It is our policy not to discriminate against our employees on the basis of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability or age, pregnancy or maternity (together the “Protected Characteristics”) or trade union membership or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee
For more details please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- A role in a fast growing brand with the opportunity to take on responsibility and develop yourself on a fast-track
- Salary between £25,000 - £28,000 dependent on experience
- When in the office free healthy breakfast every day & drinks on a Friday
- 25 days holiday pro rata plus bank holidays
- Enough condiments to satisfy the biggest condiment connoisseur
- Supporting environment with lots of positive energy
- Opportunities to attend talks & events to support your career development
- Flexible start date - April 2021
- Weekly working hours 37.5
We value flexibility and for the foreseeable working will be spilt between the office & at home
- There might be the occasional early morning or weekend shift based on events but these hours can be claimed back at another point
- Our office is a short walk from Vauxhall or Oval tube station.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor working Visas. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Deadline 29th March - 12pm
Email email@example.com with your blind CV & task
WHAT'S A BLIND CV?
Blind CVs strip away identifiable information with the aim of reducing unconscious bias.
This means no name, age, pictures, nationality, linked in handle etc..
Please don’t worry about reformatting your CV too much, please just delete those parts of your CV & leave them blank.
TASK TO ACCOMPANY BLIND CV:
We want to give our community creative, relevant, and helpful ways to reduce their food waste, live a more sustainable life, and enjoy tasty food.
Create three posts and captions for Instagram. Feel free to pull and recycle imagery or videos we have historically posted on our channels, or you can use it as an opportunity to show your own creativity.
Ava runs our operations and is kindly helping with recruitment. She will create a unique candidate number for you and resave your CV & tasks in our internal systems with your candidate number so our Head of Marketing (Lucy) can review.
Lucy will then get back in touch with you no later than Thursday 1st April if you’re through to an initial interview.
Stage 1: Blind CV & task
Stage 2: Initial interview with Lucy to dive into your CV
Stage 3: Final stage interview with Lucy, Jenny (Founder & CEO), and Claudia (designer). There will likely be a presentation or task at this stage too.