Rubies in the Rubble is looking for an Account Executive to join the Retail Sales team and build our brand across multiple eCommerce platforms in 2021 and beyond.
We are Packed with Purpose.
At Rubies, we create delicious solution to food waste and raise awareness of the impact that food waste has on the planet. In short – more taste, less waste.
Our condiments don’t just taste great, they do great. It’s within the everyday activism that together, we can make change.
Last year we certified as a B-Corp which is testament to how we value our team, our community, and the planet.
Bring the Rubies Out: We see the best in things. We look for the undiscovered gems, seeing problems as opportunities. We are caring and celebrate the big & the small.
Be Resourceful: We value all resource and strive towards a zero-waste way of working. This is with materials, money and time. We want to have a huge impact in the most sustainable way.
Dare to be different: We must punch above our weight. Act boldly to get noticed and ruffle the tailfeathers of big business.
ABOUT RUBIES IN THE RUBBLE
Rubies in the Rubble is an award-winning condiments brand, dedicated to making first class products from otherwise discarded ingredients. We work within the food supply chain to uncover value from surplus and ensure nothing is wasted.
Having built a trusted brand known for quality and integrity, we are exploding into the market with our ketchup and mayo’s. We are on the hunt for a talented Account Exec to join the team and build on our eCommerce presence.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We need someone brimming with initiative and energy and looking for a fresh challenge who knows their way around eCommerce and Amazon specifically. We want someone who is excited by the end-to-end sales process, competent with numbers and an understanding of what makes people click. That means being a fast learner with good numeracy skills and at least 2 years of experience in eCommerce sales, Amazon preferred. We would love someone who sees the potential of our sustainable condiments business, has the hunger to chase down that growth, and wants to play a part in making it happen online.
Your role will be primarily to own the eCommerce channel, as well as supporting the Commercial Manager on key Grocery Accounts. You will be responsible for maintaining and growing online sales for Amazon, Farm Drop, Ocado and our own Website (hosted on shopify). You will be taking on both the admin associated with back office of the accounts as well as driving growth at the front end and managing relationships along the way.
We are a small business undergoing explosive growth and this is a unique opportunity to join the team at the start of our eCommerce journey and play a key role in its development.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Reporting to the Retail Commercial Manager, your main responsibilities will include:
- Ownership of the strategic development of the eCommerce channel including delivering budgeted sales revenue at both a customer and macro channel level
- Setting promotional plans, advertising campaign management, image and content optimisation and working closely with the marketing team to deliver eye catching media and driving online brand presence
- Sales forecasting by SKU for customers and working closely with the operations team to balance supply and demand
- Internal advocacy for your area, weekly reporting on EPOS, variance to budget and forecast back to the business.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A Team Player — we are a small team and we need someone who is willing to get stuck in and adapt to an ever-changing environment.
- A Self-Starter — you need to be highly motivated with a good eye for opportunities and a quick-thinking problem solver
- Top Notch Organisational Skills — you will need to be able to juggle a wide range of different tasks at the same time and handle requests coming at you from all sides
- Relationship Building — although this is an eCommerce role, there is a strong element of managing relationships both internally and externally that require excellent people skills and good communication.
- An eye for detail — success in eCommerce means checking in on and considering things that most people would not, it means products being visible 24/7 and winning basket spend.
You will be joining a young and dynamic start-up where you will truly be able to make your mark. We will give you the opportunity to fully get stuck in and the freedom to step up and lead on your ideas.
DIVERSITY AT RUBIES IN THE RUBBLE
At Rubies in the Rubble we value diversity and the first stage of applications is blind.
Applicants must submit a task via Microsoft Forms alongside an anonymised CV. For this reason, please do NOT include any information on your task submission which relates to the below policy including your name or educational achievement. The sales team will then assess these tasks alongside the CVs without personal or educational details. Once successful candidates are identified we will inform and invite them to a virtual interview, this could be before the closing date.
It is our policy not to discriminate against our employees on the basis of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability or age, pregnancy or maternity (together the “Protected Characteristics”), trade union membership or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee
For more details please email email@example.com
- A role in a fast-growing brand with the opportunity to take on responsibility and develop yourself on a fast-track
- Salary between £25,000 - £30,000 dependent on experience
- Bonus available
- When in the office free healthy breakfast every day, gym & drinks on a Friday
- 25 days holiday pro rata plus bank holidays
- Enough condiments to satisfy the biggest ketchup lover
- Supportive environment with lots of positive energy
- Opportunities to attend talks & events to support your career development
Flexible start date – ASAP ideally
Weekly working hours 37.5
We value flexibility and for the foreseeable, working will be split between the office and home
There might be the occasional early morning or weekend shift based on events but these hours can be claimed back at another point
Our office is a short walk from Vauxhall or Oval tube station.
Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor working Visas. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Deadline 7th May (but we’d encourage you to apply asap).
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your blind CV.
A unique candidate number & a weblink will be shared with you to complete a task.
WHAT'S A BLIND CV?
Blind CVs strip away identifiable information with the aim of reducing unconscious bias.
This means no name, age, pictures, nationality, linked in handle etc..
Please don’t worry about reformatting your CV too much, please just delete those parts of your CV & leave them blank.
Our marketing team are kindly helping with recruitment. They will create a unique candidate number for you and resave your CV & tasks in our internal systems with your candidate number so our Retail Commercial Manager (Jess) can review.
Jess will then get back in touch with you no later than 10th May if you’re through to an initial interview.
Stage 1: Blind CV & task
Stage 2: Initial interview with Jess to dive into your CV
Stage 3: Final stage interview with Jess, Jenny (Founder & CEO), and another team member. There will likely be a presentation or task at this stage too.