To provide a delicious solution to food waste and raise awareness of the impact that food waste has on the planet. In short – more taste, less waste. We are Packed with Purpose, we don’t just make condiments that taste great. They’re also an act of everyday activism. This year we certified as a B-Corp which is testament to how we value our team, our community, and the planet
- BRING THE RUBIES OUT
We see the best in things. We look for the undiscovered gems, seeing problems as opportunities. We’re caring and celebrate the big & small.
- BE RESOURCEFUL
We value all resource and strive towards a zero waste way of working. This is with materials, money and time. We want to have a huge impact in the most sustainable way.
- DARE TO BE DIFFERENT
We have to punch above our weight. Act boldly to get noticed and rustle the tail feathers of the big boys.
ABOUT RUBIES IN THE RUBBLE
Rubies in the Rubble is an award-winning condiments brand, dedicated to making first class products from otherwise discarded ingredients. We work within the food supply chain to uncover value from surplus and ensure nothing is wasted. Having built a trusted brand known for quality and integrity, we’re now ready to shake up the market with our new ketchup and mayo’s. We’re now on the hunt for a talented Operations executive to help us take our supply chain & ops processes to the next level to facilitate business growth.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for someone reliable, confident, collaborative, with an eye for detail. You don’t need to be super experienced, a year or two in a similar Operations role will do it. We’re just looking for someone who is passionate about sustainability, loves the satisfaction of smoothly getting things from A-B, has an analytical eye for diving into spreadsheets, and is cool as a cucumber under pressure.
Ops Exec role is all about getting our condiments into the hands of our trailblazing customers. Whether that’s via our distributor network in both the out of home and retail channels, to our supermarket partners, or on our eCommerce platforms directly to the food waste fighters at home!
You’ll be helping us with:
- End to end management of sales order processing
- Communication with customers
- Raising orders
- Liaising with the warehouses
- Customer invoices
- Customer service
Day to day running of operations
- Communication with all external stakeholders -warehouses, manufacturers and suppliers
- Working with the team to support wider projects
- Dealing with ad hoc requests & issues that arise
- Identifying where processes can be improved and actioning change
Procurement and sourcing
- Working with our suppliers to order packaging and raw materials needed for production
- Ensuring our unit spend is to budget
- Working with our suppliers to ensure we are well stocked at our warehouses
- Dealing with any damages or write off
- Stock control and supporting the Head of Ops with month end stock reporting
Reporting and Data
- Tracking and reporting OTIF Supply performance vs KPIs
- Supporting in maintaining visibility of sales performance within the business by weekly data input
- New customer onboarding
- Set up and maintenance of product data
- Working with our finance partner to resolve any invoice queries
- Approving and ensuring best practice for procurement accounts
- Supporting Head of Ops with month end admin and reconciliation of accounts
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Foster great relationships - Making difficult calls is part of the day job. We’re a small business that has worked with some of our key stakeholders for over 5 years, so they feel like family! You need to feel comfortable being firm where required in order to meet the needs of the business whilst maintaining professionalism.
Organisation – You’ll be able to balance a lot of plates! We move at a fast pace and so running an efficient operation is paramount so we don’t get scrappy and start dropping balls!
A Problem Solver- you will feel great satisfaction in tackling an issue head on and coming up with a resolution
Detail Orientated- you need to be comfortable in using, analysing, living, breathing, sleeping spreadsheets. You will be detailed oriented and have an eye for spotting things that other people don’t
Autonomy - you will need to be able to pick things up and run with them. A great intuition, and a confident and intelligent head on your shoulders will serve you well in this role.
A Challenger - If you see something that you think could be done better- challenge us! Propose an alternative, and let’s give it a go!
A Team Player - someone who will get stuck in and embrace an unpredictable company where no day is the same
Confident Presenter - you will be comfortable and confident in speaking to the team and always representing ops. We are a small team of very passionate people, so the ability to constructively challenge each other is key.
Admin- there is a lot of admin in this role, so be prepared for that!
Rubies is a growing business, and we are creating and embedding systems now that will form the foundations to how we scale- we embrace new ideas and foster collaborative thinking, so an ability to speak up and bring thoughts to the table is important. This is a great opportunity to make something your own – if you’re looking for stacks of responsibility and a team that trusts you to get the job done then this could be for you!
You will need:
- 1-2 year’s experience in Ops or similar role at FMCG brand
- Track record in dealing with customers
- Excel wizardry – vlookups, sumifs, pivot tables, as the bare minimum!
- Desire to carve a career out in ops at Rubies
Nice to haves:
- Previous use of accounting and inventory management software
- Experience working with Amazon and larger retailers
- Experience in both a similar SME and larger company – an understanding of how the difference between the two this really affects the day to day job is good to know before jumping into start up world!
DIVERSITY AT RUBIES IN THE RUBBLE
At Rubies in the Rubble we value diversity.
The first stage of applications are anonymous. Applicants must share their CV with firstname.lastname@example.org. Lucy will anonymise your CV, removing name, age, name of university, and your address. Each candidate will be given a unique application number. Lucy is our Head of Marketing and will not share any identifiable information with the Ops team who will review CVs.
For this reason, please do NOT reach out to the Ops team on linked in or email.
It is our policy not to discriminate against our employees on the basis of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability or age, pregnancy or maternity (together the “Protected Characteristics”) or trade union membership or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee
For more details please email email@example.com
- A role in a fast growing brand with the opportunity to take on responsibility and develop yourself on a fast-track
- Salary between £22,000 - £24,000 dependent on experience
- When in the office free healthy breakfast every day & drinks on a Friday
- 25 days holiday pro rata (so 12.5 days over 6 months), plus bank holidays
- Enough condiments to satisfy the biggest ketchup lover
- Supporting environment with lots of positive energy
- Opportunities to attend talks & events to support your career development
Flexible start date - September / October 2020
Weekly working hours 37.5
We value flexibility and for the foreseeable working will be spilt between the office & at home
There might be the occasional early morning or weekend shift based on events but these hours can be claimed back at another point
Our office is a short walk from Vauxhall or Oval tube station.
Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor working Visas. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Submit your CV by 21st August (or earlier)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV