To provide a delicious solution to food waste and raise awareness of the impact that food waste has on the planet. In short – more taste, less waste. We are Packed with Purpose, we don’t just make condiments that taste great. They’re also an act of everyday activism. This year we certified as a B-Corp which is testament to how we value our team, our community, and the planet
- BRING THE RUBIES OUT
We see the best in things. We look for the undiscovered gems, seeing problems as opportunities. We’re caring and celebrate the big & small.
- BE RESOURCEFUL
We value all resource and strive towards a zero waste way of working. This is with materials, money and time. We want to have a huge impact in the most sustainable way.
- DARE TO BE DIFFERENT
We have to punch above our weight. Act boldly to get noticed and rustle the tail feathers of the big boys.
ABOUT RUBIES IN THE RUBBLE
Rubies in the Rubble is an award-winning condiments brand, dedicated to making first class products from otherwise discarded ingredients. We work within the food supply chain to uncover value from surplus and ensure nothing is wasted. Having built a trusted brand known for quality and integrity, we’re now ready to shake up the market with our new ketchup and mayo’s. We’re now on the hunt for a talented marketing executive to join the team and help us build our brand our online community, engage journalists, and help support sales.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We want someone brimming with fun, initiative and energy. You don’t need to be super experienced, a year or two in marketing will do it, we’re just looking for someone who is passionate about sustainability, building online communities and recognises the power of a strong brand.
Your role will be really varied and no day will be the same (something that should appeal to you). You’ll be helping us with:
SOCIAL MEDIA (ONLINE COMMUNITY)
- Reactively and proactively engaging with consumers across our online social media channels every day
- Owning the content calendar & day to day posting across Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Newsletters & linked in.
- Providing monthly reporting and campaign summaries to the Head of Marketing
- Proactively engaging journalists to make sure Rubies in the Rubble is included in gift guides, condiment reviews, and sustainability pieces.
- Keeping on top of all PR samples
- Managing the general enquiries inbox
- Being the first point of contact for all incoming enquiries
- Tracking customer feedback and compiling a weekly and monthly report
EVENTS & SUPPORTING SALES
- Assisting with the delivery of marketing events, including Casual Dining trade show.
- Managing and representing Rubies at smaller events such as FRI-YAYs
- Keeping the marketing stock inventory up to date including trade posters & POS
- Helping to organise trade sample send outs
- Helping the team to keep the office clean and tidy
- Adhoc tasks to help the team
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A team player — we’re a small team and we need someone who is willing to get stuck in
- Good writing skills — you don’t need to be the next Shakespeare but you do need to be confident writing through Rubies’ tone of voice online and through email (bonus if you’re good with puns)
- Confidence — you need to be able to approach and talk with a broad range of people
- A self-starter — you need to be highly motivated with a good eye for opportunities
- Top notch organisational skills — you will need to be able to juggle a wide range of different tasks at the same time
- Creativity — we’re looking for someone who is able to come up with ideas and try them out!
You’ll join a young and dynamic start-up where you’ll truly be able to make your mark. We’ll give you the opportunity to fully get stuck in and the opportunity to step up and lead on your ideas.
DIVERSITY AT RUBIES IN THE RUBBLE
At Rubies in the Rubble we value diversity. The first stage of applications are anonymous. Applicants must submit a task to via Microsoft Forms.
Please share your CV to Jess@rubiesintherubble who will give you a unique application number. Please use this number in the task submission. Jess is our retail sales manager and will not share any identifiable information with the marketing team who will review the task. For this reason please do NOT include any information on your task submission which relates to below policy including your name or educational achievement. Marketing team will then assess these tasks ‘blind’ (without personal or educational details). Once successful tasks are identified we Jess will inform successful candidates and invite them to a virtual interview.
It is our policy not to discriminate against our employees on the basis of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability or age, pregnancy or maternity (together the “Protected Characteristics”) or trade union membership or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee. For more details please email email@example.com
A role in a fast growing brand with the opportunity to take on responsibility and develop yourself on a fast-track
Salary between £23,000 - £25,000 dependent on experience
When in the office free healthy breakfast every day & drinks on a Friday
25 days holiday pro rata (so 12.5 days over 6 months), plus bank holidays
Enough condiments to satisfy the biggest ketchup lover
Supporting environment with lots of positive energy
Opportunities to attend talks & events to support your career development
Flexible start date - September / October 2020
- Weekly working hours 37.5
- We value flexibility and for the foreseeable working will be spilt between the office & at home
- There might be the occasional early morning or weekend shift based on events but these hours can be claimed back at another point
- Our office is a short walk from Vauxhall or Oval tube station.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor working Visas. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Email jess@rubiesintherubble with your CV who will provide you with a unique application number and link to the anonymous task.
The deadline for task submissions is 14th August.