To provide a delicious solution to food waste and raise awareness of the impact that food waste has on the planet. In short – more taste, less waste.
We Do-Gooder. We don’t just make condiments that taste great. They’re also an act of everyday activism. Condiments, but Gooder.
We are a certified B-Corp which is testament to how we value our team, our community, and the planet.
BRING THE RUBIES OUT: We see the best in things. We look for the undiscovered gems, seeing problems as opportunities. We’re caring and celebrate the big & small.
BE RESOURCEFUL: We value all resource and strive towards a zero waste way of working. This is with materials, money and time. We want to have a huge impact in the most sustainable way.
DARE TO BE DIFFERENT: We have to punch above our weight. Act boldly to get noticed and rustle the tailfeathers of the big boys.
ABOUT RUBIES IN THE RUBBLE
Rubies in the Rubble is an award-winning condiments brand, dedicated to making first class products from otherwise discarded ingredients. We work within the food supply chain to uncover value from surplus and ensure nothing is wasted.
Having built a trusted brand known for quality and integrity, we’re now ready to shake up the market with our new ketchup and mayo’s. We’re now on the hunt for a talented marketing assistant to join the team, on a 6 month fixed contract, to help us build our brand our online community, engage journalists, and help support sales.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We want someone brimming with fun, initiative and energy. You don’t need to be super experienced, we’re just looking for someone who is passionate about sustainability, building online communities and recognises the power of a strong brand.
Your role will be really varied, and no day will be the same (something that should appeal to you). You’ll be helping us with:
SOCIAL MEDIA (ONLINE COMMUNITY)
- Reactively and proactively engaging with consumers across our online social media channels every day.
- Providing monthly reporting and campaign summaries to the Community Marketing Manager
- Proactively engaging journalists to make sure Rubies in the Rubble is included in gift guides, condiment reviews, and sustainability pieces
- Keeping on top of all PR samples
- Managing the general enquiries inbox
- Being the first point of contact for all incoming enquiries
- Tracking customer feedback and compiling a weekly and monthly report
EVENTS & SUPPORTING SALES
- Assisting with the delivery of marketing events, including Casual Dining trade show.
- Managing and representing Rubies at smaller events such as FRI-YAYs
- Keeping the marketing stock inventory up to date including trade posters & POS
- Helping to organise trade sample send outs
- Helping the team to keep the office clean and tidy
- Adhoc tasks to help the team
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A team player — we’re a small team and we need someone who is willing to get stuck in
- Good writing skills — you don’t need to be the next Shakespeare but you do need to be confident writing through Rubies’ tone of voice online and through email (bonus if you’re good with puns)
- Confidence — you need to be able to approach and talk with a broad range of people
- A self-starter — you need to be highly motivated with a good eye for opportunities
- Top notch organisational skills — you will need to be able to juggle a wide range of different tasks at the same time
- Creativity — we’re looking for someone who is able to come up with ideas and try them out!
You’ll join a young and dynamic start-up where you’ll truly be able to make your mark. We’ll give you the opportunity to fully get stuck in and the opportunity to step up and lead on your ideas.
- A role in a fast-growing brand with the opportunity to take on responsibility and develop yourself on a fast-track
- Salary £22,000
- When in the office free healthy breakfast every day & drinks on a Friday
- 25 days holiday pro rata (so 12.5 days over 6 months), plus bank holidays
- Enough condiments to satisfy the biggest ketchup lover
- Supporting environment with lots of positive energy
- Opportunities to attend talks & events to support your career development
ASAP - January 2022
Weekly working hours 37.5
6-month fixed term contract
We value flexibility and for the foreseeable working will be split between the office & at home
There might be the occasional early morning or weekend shift based on events, but these hours can be claimed back at another point
Our office is a short walk from Vauxhall or Oval tube station.
Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor working Visas. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Please share your CV and cover letter with email@example.com
It is our policy not to discriminate against our employees on the basis of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability or age, pregnancy or maternity (together the “Protected Characteristics”) or trade union membership or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee
For more details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org