Business Development Manager
We are Packed with Purpose.
At Rubies, we create delicious solution to food waste and raise awareness of the impact that food waste has on the planet. In short – more taste, less waste. Our condiments don’t just taste great, they do great. It’s within the everyday activism that together, we can make change.
- Bring the Rubies Out: We see the best in things. We look for the undiscovered gems, seeing problems as opportunities. We’re caring and celebrate the big & small.
- Be Resourceful: We value all resource and strive towards a zero waste way of working. This is with materials, money and time. We want to have a huge impact in the most sustainable way.
- Dare to be different: We have to punch above our weight. Act boldly to get noticed and rustle the tailfeathers of the big boys.
Last year we certified as a B-Corp which is testament to how we value our team, our community, and the planet.
ABOUT RUBIES IN THE RUBBLE
Rubies in the Rubble is an award-winning condiments brand, dedicated to making first class products from otherwise discarded ingredients. We work within the food supply chain to uncover value from surplus and ensure nothing is wasted.
Having built a trusted brand known for quality and integrity, we are exploding into the market with Ketchup and Mayo’s. We are on the hunt for a talented New Business superstar to join the team and drive growth in Restaurants, Pubs, and many other Out of Home channels.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for someone brimming with fun, initiative and energy who is looking for a fresh challenge. We’re experiencing fast growth in a competitive category and we need someone who is excited by new business development, brilliant at building relationships, and slick in account management so they can hit the ground running. You are someone who sees the potential of our sustainable condiments business, the hunger to chase down that growth and the enthusiasm to sell the dream to others.
Your role will be focused on New Business, owning relationships with large distributor partners & building relationships with amazing end groups. You’ll be working closely with the OOH Manager on building our Out of Home business.
Previous experience in Food Service is required, you should be a fast learner and quick to pick things up. We are a small business undergoing explosive growth, this is a unique opportunity to join the team at the start of our Food Service journey and play a key role in its development.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
Reporting to the Out of Home Manager, your main responsibilities will include:
- Delivering budgeted sales revenue at both a customer and macro channel level through strategically seeking out new business opportunities
- Building and maintaining an active sales pipeline
- Attending and presenting at customer meetings, trade shows and other relevant events
- Sales forecasting by SKU for customers and working closely with the operations team to balance supply and demand
- Internal advocacy for your area, weekly reporting on variance to budget and forecast back to the business
You’ll join a young and dynamic start-up where you’ll truly be able to make your mark. We’ll give you the opportunity to fully get stuck in and the opportunity to step up and lead on your ideas.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- A TEAM PLAYER— we’re a small team and we need someone who is willing to get stuck in and adapt to an ever-changing environment.
- HUSTLE & DRIVE — you thrive under pressure and love taking on challenges in a fast-paced environment. You are creative and show initiative when coming against a “No”
- A SELF-STARTER — you need to be highly motivated with a good eye for opportunities and a quick-thinking problem solver
- TOP NOTCH ORGANISATIONAL SKILLS — you will need to be able to juggle a wide range of different tasks at the same time and handle requests coming at you from all sides
- RELATIONSHIP BUILDING — a natural people person, love striking up conversations when out & about, have no fear picking up the phone, and have strong presentation skills
You will be joining a young and dynamic start-up where you will truly be able to make your mark. We will give you the opportunity to fully get stuck in and the freedom to step up and lead on your ideas.
DIVERSITY AT RUBIES IN THE RUBBLE
At Rubies in the Rubble we value diversity.
The first stage of applications are anonymous. Applicants must submit a task to via Microsoft Forms.
For this reason please do NOT include any information on your task submission which relates to the below policy including your name or educational achievement. The sales team will then assess these tasks ‘blind’ (without personal or educational details). Once successful tasks are identified we will inform successful candidates and invite them to a virtual interview.
It is our policy not to discriminate against our employees on the basis of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability or age, pregnancy or maternity (together the “Protected Characteristics”) or trade union membership or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee.
For more details please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- A role in a fast growing brand with the opportunity to take on responsibility and develop yourself on a fast-track
- Salary £30,000
- Bonus available
- When in the office free healthy breakfast every day & drinks on a Friday
- 25 days holiday pro rata plus bank holidays
- Enough condiments to satisfy the biggest condiment connoisseur
- Supporting environment with lots of positive energy
- Opportunities to attend talks & events to support your career development
- Flexible start date - Asap ideally
- Weekly working hours 37.5
We value flexibility and for the foreseeable working will be spilt between the office & at home
- There might be the occasional early morning or weekend shift based on events but these hours can be claimed back at another point
- Our office is a short walk from Vauxhall or Oval tube station.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor working Visas. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Deadline 7th May (but we'd encourage you to apply ASAP)
Email email@example.com with your blind CV & task
WHAT'S A BLIND CV?
Blind CVs strip away identifiable information with the aim of reducing unconscious bias.
This means no name, age, pictures, nationality, linked in handle etc..
Please don’t worry about reformatting your CV too much, please just delete those parts of your CV & leave them blank.
TASK TO ACCOMPANY BLIND CV:
The focus of the out of home team is selling our bulk format ketchup and plant-based mayo to pubs, restaurants, hotels, and schools etc.
To achieve our budget for 2021 we need to deliver substantial year on year growth on these two products.
As such, the priority for this role will be to win new customers in the out of home sector.
Using one real world example give a brief overview of potential customer/ group you would target.
PROVIDE DETAILS OF:
- Why you would target them
- Who you would target within the organisation (names and/ or job titles)
- How you would first make contact
- Why you think they would want to stock/ serve Rubies
Our marketing team are kindly helping with recruitment. They will create a unique candidate number for you and resave your CV & tasks in our internal systems with your candidate number so our OOH Manager (Ben) can review.
Ben will then get back in touch with you no later than 10th May if you’re through to an initial interview.
Stage 1: Blind CV & task
Stage 2: Initial interview with Ben to dive into your CV
Stage 3: Final stage interview with Ben, Jenny (Founder & CEO), and another team member. There will likely be a presentation or task at this stage too.