We are Packed with Purpose.
At Rubies, we create delicious solution to food waste and raise awareness of the impact that food waste has on the planet. In short – more taste, less waste. Our condiments don’t just taste great, they do great. It’s within the everyday activism that together, we can make change.
- Bring the Rubies Out: We see the best in things. We look for the undiscovered gems, seeing problems as opportunities. We’re caring and celebrate the big & small.
- Be Resourceful: We value all resource and strive towards a zero waste way of working. This is with materials, money and time. We want to have a huge impact in the most sustainable way.
- Dare to be different: We have to punch above our weight. Act boldly to get noticed and rustle the tailfeathers of the big boys.
Last year we certified as a B-Corp which is testament to how we value our team, our community, and the planet.
ABOUT RUBIES IN THE RUBBLE
Rubies in the Rubble is an award-winning condiments brand, dedicated to making first class products from otherwise discarded ingredients. We work within the food supply chain to uncover value from surplus and ensure nothing is wasted.
Having built a trusted brand known for quality and integrity, we are exploding into the market with Ketchup and Mayo’s. We are on the hunt for a talented Account Exec to join the team and manage the growth of our eComm channel.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for someone brimming with initiative and energy who is looking for a fresh challenge and knows their way around eCommerce (or willing to learn quickly). We are experiencing fast growth in a competitive category and we need someone who is excited by the end-to-end sales process, competent with numbers and an understanding of what makes people click.
You should be highly numerate, at least 2 years of experience in a sales background is desirable, ideally on eComm accounts.
You are someone who sees the potential of our sustainable condiments business, has the hunger to chase down that growth, and wants to play a part in making it happen online.
Your role will be primarily to own the eCommerce channel, as well as supporting the Commercial Manager on key Grocery Accounts. You will be responsible for maintaining and growing online sales for accounts such as Amazon, Milk & More, Farm Drop and Ocado. You will be taking on both the admin associated with back office of the accounts as well as driving growth at the front end and managing relationships along the way.
Experience in eComm is desirable and you should be a fast learner and quick to pick things up. We are a small business undergoing explosive growth, this is a unique opportunity to join the team at the start of our eComm journey and play a key role in its development.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, your main responsibilities will include:
- Ownership of the strategic development of the eCommerce channel including delivering budgeted sales revenue at both a customer and macro channel level.
- Setting promotional plans, advertising campaign management, image and content optimisation and working closely with the marketing team to deliver eye catching media and driving online brand presence.
- Sales forecasting by SKU for customers and working closely with the operations team to balance supply and demand
- Internal advocacy for your area, weekly reporting on EPOS, variance to budget and forecast back to the business.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A TEAM PLAYER— we’re a small team and we need someone who is willing to get stuck in and adapt to an ever-changing environment.
- HUSTLE & DRIVE — you thrive under pressure and love taking on challenges in a fast-paced environment. You are creative and show initiative when coming against a “No”
- A SELF-STARTER — you need to be highly motivated with a good eye for opportunities and a quick-thinking problem solver
- TOP NOTCH ORGANISATION — you will need to be able to juggle a wide range of different tasks at the same time and handle requests coming at you from all sides
- RELATIONSHIP BUILDING — a natural people person, love striking up conversations when out & about, have no fear picking up the phone, and have strong presentation skills
You will be joining a young and dynamic start-up where you will truly be able to make your mark. We will give you the opportunity to fully get stuck in and the freedom to step up and lead on your ideas.
DIVERSITY AT RUBIES IN THE RUBBLE
At Rubies in the Rubble we value diversity.
The first stage of applications is anonymous. Applicants must submit a task via Microsoft Forms.
For this reason please do NOT include any information on your task submission which relates to the below policy including your name or educational achievement. The sales team will then assess these tasks ‘blind’ (without personal or educational details). Once successful tasks are identified we will inform successful candidates and invite them to a virtual interview.
It is our policy not to discriminate against our employees on the basis of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability or age, pregnancy or maternity (together the “Protected Characteristics”) or trade union membership or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee
For more details please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- A role in a fast-growing brand with the opportunity to take on responsibility and develop yourself on a fast-track.
- Salary between £25 000 - £30,000 dependent on experience
- Bonus available
- When in the office free healthy breakfast everyday, gym & drinks on a Friday
- 25 days holiday pro rata plus bank holidays
- Enough condiments to satisfy the biggest ketchup lover
- Supportive environment with lots of positive energy
- Opportunities to attend talks & events to support your career development
- Flexible start date - ASAP ideally
- Weekly working hours 37.5
We value flexibility and for the foreseeable working will be spilt between the office & at home
- There might be the occasional early morning or weekend shift based on events but these hours can be claimed back at another point
- Our office is a short walk from Vauxhall or Oval tube station.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor working Visas. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Accepting applications now, closing date 31st January 2021.
Email email@example.com with your CV who will provide you with a unique application number and link to the anonymous task