CREATIVE BRAND DESIGNER
At Rubies in the Rubble we’re all about Goodism. Which is the act of taking something good, and making it a whole lot gooder. Like taking delicious condiments, and making them out of surplus produce, to provide a delicious solution to food waste and raise awareness of the impact that food waste has on the planet.
We don’t just make condiments that taste good. They’re also an act of everyday goodism.
Last year we certified as a B-Corp which is testament to how we value our team, our community, and the planet.
BRING THE RUBIES OUT: We see the best in things. We look for the undiscovered gems, seeing problems as opportunities. We’re caring and celebrate the big & small.
BE RESOURCEFUL: We value all resource and strive towards a zero waste way of working. This is with materials, money and time. We want to have a huge impact in the most sustainable way.
DARE TO BE DIFFERENT: We have to punch above our weight. Act boldly to get noticed and rustle the tailfeathers of the big boys.
ABOUT RUBIES IN THE RUBBLE
Rubies in the Rubble is an award-winning condiments brand, dedicated to making first class products from otherwise discarded ingredients. We work within the food supply chain to uncover value from surplus and ensure nothing is wasted.
Having built a trusted brand known for quality and integrity, we’re now ready to shake up the market with our new ketchup and mayo’s. We’re looking for a Creative Brand Designer to join the team and bring our new Goodism creative platform to life.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We want someone brimming with fun, initiative and energy. You’ll have experience either within an agency or in-house, be an ambitious self- starter who is keen to make their creative mark on a dynamic young business and want the flexibility of a part time role (2.5 days per week).
We’re on the hunt for a talented in-house Creative Content Designer to join Rubies and support us on our campaigns and ‘always on’ content. This ranges from social media, to point of sale, and sales pitches so lots of different channels to flex your creative wizardry at. As well as tackling some of the big projects we also need someone who is happy to work on the little touches too. So your skills need to range from developing creative from ‘concept stage’ to tweaking and flexing current designs with one objective — to positively engage and impact our audience.
- Consistently coming up with original, creative ideas and taking them from ideation through to art-working.
- Project managing all briefs, working with team to create final artwork, liaising with printers to source quotes and manage delivery.
- Designing, developing and executing both large and small creative briefs to a high standard
- Producing ideas and visuals for digital channels, including social media feeds, website, newsletter and e-commerce adverts.
- Producing artwork for print, from leaflets to packaging and everything in between.
- Coming up with fun ideas to engage our audience across both web and print, from our individual customers to prospective stockists or investors.
- Filming and editing short brand videos that we can amplify across our social channels such as founder talks, events and behind the scenes at Rubies.
- Managing photoshoots including establishing the creative direction, sourcing props, creating shot lists (styling experience would be a bonus)
- Presenting and selling in ideas to wider Marketing Team and key stakeholders
- Making sure the brand is consistent, recognisable, and engaging
WHAT YOU’LL BE WORKING ON:
- Social media: producing campaigns and day-to-day graphics, editing photos etc. (No involvement in the community management side as we have talented social media gurus in the team)
- Digital assets: Website (shopify), ECRM (Klavyio), Paid social ads
- Customer marketing: flyers, posters, trade and press ads and POS (store windows, barkers, displays etc)
- Experiential & Event assets: Stand design concepts and graphics, promotional materials
- Merchandise: uniforms, totebags, various promotional items
- Internal communications: powerpoint slide decks, annual report
- Printed materials to send influencers, buyers and press: branded boxes & printed merch
- Scamps and mock-ups to support buyer sell-ins, research and ‘ideas’ from the team to brief our agencies. (No need for any 3D rendering skills)
- Photoshoots: Creative direction, prop sourcing, shot lists
SO, DO YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING?
- Minimum of 3 years industry experience (in-house or agency)
- A team player — we’re a small team and we need someone who is willing to get stuck in
- An impressive portfolio of work with a flair of creative genius!
- Amazing Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign skills
- Experience in and love for both print and digital as the work is split equally between the two
- Experience in artworking, working to printer specs and sending things to print
- Experience with Powerpoint (whilst most of the work will require design software, brand decks often need to be edited by other members of the team so need to be created in Powerpoint)
- A love for brand story telling and an ability to bring them to life in an engaging way
- Confidents to work quickly and effectively under pressure
- Excellent understanding of social media as a tool for brand communication
- Experience working within brand guidelines
- A self-start attitude and desire to bring a wave of energy and ideas to Rubies in the Rubble
- Photography and videography experience (added bonus)
DIVERSITY AT RUBIES IN THE RUBBLE
At Rubies in the Rubble we value diversity.
The first stage of applications are anonymous. Applicants must submit their portfolio and blind CV to team@rubiesintherubble.
Please do NOT include any personal information on your portfolio, which relates to your name or educational achievements. Files will be downloaded by a non-member of the marketing team and saved with an identification number. The marketing team will then assess these tasks ‘blind’ (without personal or educational details). Once successful tasks are identified we will view the email for the corresponding identification number and invite to an interview
It is our policy not to discriminate against our employees on the basis of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability or age, pregnancy or maternity (together the “Protected Characteristics”) or trade union membership or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee
For more details please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The permanent contract will be for 2.5 days per week. There is flexible working arrangements available although we will require some office based working too.
Our office is a short walk from Vauxhall or Oval tube station.
Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor working Visas. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
2nd JULY: Submit your application & Blind CV to email@example.com
5TH JULY: Successful candidates notified for first stage interview with ‘content’ task
7-9th JULY: First stage interviews with ‘content’ task
W/C 12th JULY: Final face to face interview in London
START DATE – ASAP
WHAT'S A BLIND CV?
Blind CVs strip away identifiable information with the aim of reducing unconscious bias.
This means no name, age, pictures, nationality, linked in handle etc..
Please don’t worry about reformatting your CV too much, please just delete those parts of your CV & leave them blank.